If you are looking to make an easy banana cake that takes no longer than 15mins to prepare, no longer than 45 mins to bake, not sickeningly sweet, is moist and fluffy, then yup, just scroll on to get yourself the recipe and start baking. I’ve made this twice and I’ve got nothing but raves from the people who ate them, namely a really good friend of mine, and the bf. 🙂
The bf doesn’t really have a sweet tooth, but he scarfed down 1/4 of this cake, so yup I’m definitely making this again when there’s a party that I’m going to.
This recipe is taken from cupcake jemma’s youtube channel. She’s really awesome. So if you’d Like to have a step by step walk through for this recipe, do click on the link and watch her video. I’ve tweaked the recipe a little to fit my liking so. So it’s entirely up to you which you’d like to follow
50g castor sugar
100g brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 ripened bananas mashed
190g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate soda
1tbsp demerera sugar
1) cream butter and all sugars except demerera sugar till light and fluffy
2) add in eggs one at a time and beat till combined
3) add in mashed bananas
4) add in sifted dry ingredients and mix
5) pour into lined 7 inch square tin or 8 inch round tin
6) top with walnuts and sprinkle the demerera sugar on top.
7.) Bake in 170C preheated oven for 45 mins on the middle rack.
Happy baking and happy eating. 🙂